This story opens season 22 and brings back the silver giants. Like the proceeding season's Dalek story, this one is full of references to past stories (the Invasion - the sewers; the Tomb of the Cybermen - Telos and the Cyber Controller, played by the same actor, only 30kg later; and of course the Tenth Planet - Mondas; Totter's Lane appears again - An Unearthly Child). Once more, just about everybody is killed. Maurice Colbourne's Lytton returns and we see a grusome scene where the Cybermen crush his hands.
Classic Peri
Running about in shorts and a leotard, leaving little to the imagination.
The thing about the story is Tomb of the Cybermen, with its 60s "high-tech", is far superior than this twaddle, which was always an inevitable comparison. As is the fact Troughton was a better Doctor.
******
The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had to Swallow)*
-
I don't make a habit of posting partial results and/or breakdown of a First
to a 100 game, but I thought it was worthwhile this time to both illustrate
my ...
22 timer siden
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar